Lyme Voice Cannabis Shelley Wight

The use of medical cannabis is  widely disputed in the US and still unavailable in many states. Shelley took her experience and authored one of the very few books about both Lyme disease and the use of medical cannabis.

• Shelley White didn’t grow up carefree like other kids her age. Born with a chemical sensitivity, feeling bad was a normal part of her life. But at the young age of 21, she was completely debilitated by pain and Lyme Disease.
  • Lyme disease is quickly becoming a pandemic affecting both the young and the old. When traditional treatments failed to help ease her symptoms she turned to medical cannabis.This is her story…

In this episode:

• Chemical sensitivities
  • Author Stephen Buhner
  • Infused coconut oil recipe
  • Rock  mountain spotted fever
  • Black mold
  • Ozone therapy
  • Cannabis has over 700 healing components
  • Cannabis for Seizures

Links:

Quotes:

Lyme makes every movement seem so hard.

Shelley

It has helped me do life.

Sarah

I quite love myself, I like to be sober

Shelley

This new person was birthed through it, the person I used to know.

Aaron

I could see more clearly through the lens of medical cannabis than I could through the fog of chronic pain.

Sarah

Recipe:

2 TBLS of dried bud, ground into a fine powder

3/4 cup oil (olive or coconut)

Cook time:

Simmer for 20 minutes, let cool for 30 minutes

Strain all solid particles out and store in an airtight container

Enjoy!

• Marijuana has been used for medical purposes  throughout world history. But in1970, the US Congress placed marijuana in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act because they considered it to have “no accepted medical use. Since then, 23 of 50 US states and DC have legalized the medical use of marijuana.”
  • Proponents of medical marijuana argue that it can be a safe and effective treatment for the symptoms of cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, pain, glaucoma, epilepsy, and other conditions.
  • Opponents of medical marijuana argue that it is too dangerous to use, lacks FDA-approval, and that various legal drugs make marijuana use unnecessary. They say that medical marijuana is a front for drug legalization and recreational use.

11 Comments on 027 Medical Cannabis And Lyme Disease Shelley M. White

1. sandra forro
    March 24, 2016 at 3:51 am (1 year ago)

i live in Ohio and wondering if they approve medical cannibas;;i have lived in pain for almost 20 yrs off and on and am disabled and mostly bed ridden;;and am on pain meds, zaneflex for muscle relaxants and neurotin;;also my sister has diabetes and has neurapathy but can not take any pain meds;;she is interested too

• aaronlsanchez@gmail.com
      April 8, 2016 at 12:27 pm (1 year ago)

So Sorry but it is not legal in Ohio yet. However the issue is on the ballot in November! Go vote!!

2. Jeff Rousseau
    November 22, 2016 at 2:44 am (9 months ago)

Hello…my husband has chronic Lyme… My heart breaks of the pain he is in…around 5 years ago he went from the “perfect male specimen” , as a nurse at our local Men’s Health Fair called him to out of the nlue having one thing after another..even having surgery for heart palpitations (his Dr cauterized almost 900 places) and much much more.. He tested positive for Strand 23 of a Western Blot test..I’ll stop here😃. Thank you, Chevonna Rousseau

• aaronlsanchez@gmail.com
      November 30, 2016 at 5:44 pm (9 months ago)

So sorry for you and your husband’s pain. Envita Envita.com, has been a huge help to us. Ask for Ashley!

3. Chris Carlson
    November 27, 2016 at 9:58 pm (9 months ago)

Shelley, how are you as of November 27 2016? Is your lyme gone did you test negative with igenix? I got hit with a unbelievable amount of babesia in 2007 just as I was getting my life together. Now I’m just about out of hope. Starting to think I will never be OK ever again very tired of feeling like this. It’s a sad existence for me these days. I get exhausted easily and my blood feels like grease pumping through my veins. Please tell me something hopeful Shelley. Thank you, Chris

• aaronlsanchez@gmail.com
      November 30, 2016 at 5:45 pm (9 months ago)

Chris So sorry for your suffering. Envita.com is a huge help to many! They are the best!

4. Colby
    June 16, 2017 at 5:09 pm (2 months ago)

Does the dosage just depend personal to person?

• aaronlsanchez@gmail.com
      July 18, 2017 at 6:48 pm (4 weeks ago)

5. Teena
    June 18, 2017 at 5:33 pm (2 months ago)

Great info thanks. I am wondering how you take or do the oil. Would you just swallow it, put on food or onto skin?
    Thanks

• aaronlsanchez@gmail.com
      July 18, 2017 at 6:47 pm (4 weeks ago)

YES!!All of those are options. Her book “Cannabis for Lyme Disease & Related Conditions: Scientific Basis and Anecdotal Evidence for Medicinal Use” Has all the info you will need!

6. Betty
    August 1, 2017 at 5:56 am (2 weeks ago)

I just want to share my positive experience with CBD products. I can’t say enough good things about it! CBD has helped me combat my complicated pain in so many ways! I suffer from Chiari Malformation 1, and Sryingomyelia, EDS, Tarlov Cyst Disease, Scoliosis, all 5 of the spinal cord, connective tissue disease, and lymes disease! Water soluble BioCBD help a few of my disease’s. BioCBD does help cut down on several of the medicine one has to take for relief and work even better. – Betty